Want an amazing gluten-free dessert that tastes heavenly and is full of good-for-you ingredients. Look no further than my Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Maple Frosting.
I know, I said they were amazing. Can’t you just taste these lovelies?
Remember when I was in Newfoundland in August? One of the things we did while visiting was celebrate my granddaughter’s second birthday. At our little party my daughter served these delicious Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes. She used a recipe torn from a magazine, and all I have to go by is a phone photo of the recipe which credits Ina Garten for the original. I’ve taken the recipe and made it gluten-free using healthy ingredients.
Anytime I convert a traditional recipe to gluten-free there are a few mishaps because the flours are so different. And, that was completely true for this recipe. It’s barely a shadow of the original ~ except for the amazing Cream Cheese Maple Frosting.
The cupcake is so moist and delicious it almost doesn’t need frosting.
However, once you taste the frosting you are gonna want to add it to the cupcakes.
I believe that dessert can taste decadent and still be good for you. That is why I always recommend organic or high quality ingredients. Most of these ingredients can be found locally at health food stores. Below are several affiliate links* to these products so you will know exactly what to buy.
- Namaste Gluten-Free Flour* (dairy-free, non-GMO, and replaces cup-for-cup in recipes)
- Aluminum-Free Baking Powder*
- Baking Soda* (made in gluten-free facility)
- Frontier Organic Cinnamon*
- Frontier Organic Ground Ginger*
- Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg*
- Sherpa Pink Gourmet Himalayan Salt* (we use this for everything and love it!)
- Organic Coconut Oil*
- Organic Coconut Sugar*
- Now Raw Pecans*
- Grade B Maple Syrup* (Grade B is loaded with good-for-you minerals)
- Organic Powdered Sugar *
- Wilton Unbleached Cupcake Liners*