Hearth + Home Quilt Pattern
The Hearth + Home Quilt Pattern is two patterns in one and each pattern has 4 options. That’s 8 different variations in one pattern.
The Hearth Quilt has a scrappy, star-like design and lots of negative space. The Home Quilt is a true scrap-buster with a vintage feel. Both quilts are fun and finishible quilt patterns that go together quickly because they combine snowball blocks with strip pieced 9-patch blocks.
Pull out a few leftover fat quarters or gather some of those scraps from previous projects and make it super scrappy.
Either way, it’s easy to get started and quick to finish. If you don’t mind cutting some strips, it’s the perfect quilt for using scraps.
- Skill Level: Confident Beginner
- PDF Download
- Fat Quarter Friendly
- Coloring page included
- Both Hearth and Home have 4 sizes
- Baby (45″ x 63″)
- Lap (51″ x 69″)
- Throw (57″ x 75″)
- Twin (63″ x 81″)
- Fabric is assumed to be 42″ wide with seam allowances a scant ¼”
- If your WOF is less than 42″ wide, you may need more fabric
Pattern is for personal use only. Duplication of any kind is prohibited.
👇Scroll down to the Description box below for fabric suggestions.
Because Hearth + Home is designed to use up your stash, there isn’t a scrappy kit available. However, if you prefer to buy a collection I have two recommendations:
Home Town by Lori Holt (I love this one!)
The secret sauce is in the QR Code
All Seasoned Homemaker patterns have a QR Code and there is magic behind the code.
I have included…
- Additional comments and tips not included in the pattern
- Subcutting tips to save fabric (this will come in handy for making the Fireside Mini Quilt).
- Stripology cutting instructions
- Links to some amazing tools that simplify the process.
- Fabric suggestions
This is destined to become a favorite quilt pattern because…
- This pattern is actually two patterns in one. The Hearth option has more negative space with a star design. The Home version has a more vintage feel.
- There are 8 different variations you could make!
- Whether you choose the Hearth or Home option, your quilt is not only simple to assemble, but it goes together really fast! I call this the magic of strip piecing. Seriously, if you set aside a few days, this one can be assembled, quilted, and bound over a weekend.
- Look for the Expansion Pack (Coming September, 2023!) with a modern version and a Bonus project!
- Block accuracy…all of those blocks will magically nest together and make you look like a quilting genius!
- It’s both traditional and scrappy. In my mind, it doesn’t get much better than this. Cut up those old leftover scraps and fat quarters into strips and make a perfectly scrappy quilt which is way better that all those pesky scraps sitting in a bin somewhere not getting used!
System Requirements: Adobe Reader software (Free at www.adobe.com/products/reader)
Because this is an electronic item, pattern is non-returnable and non-refundable.
Limited Production License is granted allowing you to create and make items to sell from this pattern in small quantities. NO mass production is allowed. The following tag line should be included with any items you sell using this pattern: “Pattern by Leslie Rutland, The Seasoned Homemaker®.
Cozy Cottage Quilt Pattern © 2023 The Seasoned Homemaker®. For personal use only. Pattern is intended for the original purchaser and is NOT to be fowarded, shared or duplicated.
Attention International Customers: This pattern can be only be purchased through my Etsy shop. Click here to access the shop.
See Download Help tab for any download issues.