Hearth + Home Expansion Pattern
The Hearth + Home Expansion Pack Pattern is two patterns in one and each pattern has 4 options. That’s 8 different variations in one pattern.
The Hearth Quilt Expansion Pack has a star-like design and lots of negative space. When the negative space is flipped, you get the Home Quilt with a lattice design with. Both quilts are fun and finishible quilt patterns that go together quickly because they combine snowball blocks with strip pieced 9-patch blocks.
Gather scraps or fat quarters in a common color to give your quilt a modern, scrappy look. It’s easy to get started and quick to finish. If you don’t mind cutting some strips, it’s the perfect quilt for using scraps.
- Skill Level: Confident Beginner
- PDF Download
- Fat Quarter + Fat Eighth Friendly
- Coloring page included
- Hearth and Home Expansion Pack Pattern has 2 patterns in 4 sizes
- Baby (45″ x 63″)
- Lap (51″ x 69″)
- Throw (57″ x 75″)
- Twin (63″ x 81″)
- BONUS – Fireside Mini Quilt Pattern
- Without Sashing (20″ x 20″)
- With Sashing (21″ x 21″)
- Fabric is assumed to be 42″ wide with seam allowances a scant ¼”
- If your WOF is less than 42″ wide, you may need more fabric
Pattern is for personal use only. Duplication of any kind is prohibited.
👇Scroll down to the Description box below for links to the kits.
Get the fabric Bundle
Global Fiber Shop has graciously offered to bundle the fabrics for the Hearth + Home Expansion Pack Pattern. Fabrics are from the Art Gallery Fabric Pure collection or ask Laura to put one together in your favorite Art Gallery Pure Solid!
The secret sauce is the QR Code
All Seasoned Homemaker patterns have a QR Code and there is magic behind the code.
- Additional comments and tips not included in the pattern. They are small details that make a huge difference when assembling the quilt.
- Subcutting tips to save fabric (this will come in handy for making the Fireside Mini Quilt).
- Stripology cutting instructions if you have this incredible tool.
- Links to some amazing tools that simplify the process.
- Fabric suggestions.
This is destined to become a favorite quilt pattern because…
- This pattern is actually two patterns in one. The Hearth option has more negative space with a star design. The Home version flips the negative space and gives the quilt a lattice look.
- There is a BONUS PATTERN: The Fireside Mini Quilt uses leftover triangle sets from trimming snowball blocks – and that means lots of quilts made and hardly any fabric leftover!
- Whether you choose the Hearth or Home option, your quilt is simple to assemble and goes together quickly! I call this the magic of strip piecing. Seriously, if you set aside a few days, this one can be assembled, quilted, and bound over a weekend.
- This version is specifically designed for using two colors only. Of course, you could pull those colors from your stash and keep it modern while giving it a unique look.
- Block accuracy. All of those blocks will magically nest together and make you look like a quilting genius!
- By only using two colors for the quilt it makes the design on either quilt stand out. In my mind, it doesn’t get much better than this. Pick a color and cut up those old leftover scraps into strips and make a perfectly scrappy two color quilt. This is way better that all those pesky scraps sitting in a bin somewhere not getting used!
System Requirements: Adobe Reader software (Free at www.adobe.com/products/reader)
Because this is an electronic item, pattern is non-returnable and non-refundable.
Limited Production License is granted allowing you to create and make items to sell from this pattern in small quantities. NO mass production is allowed. The following tag line should be included with any items you sell using this pattern: “Pattern by Leslie Rutland, The Seasoned Homemaker®.
Heaerth + Home Expansion Pack Quilt Pattern © 2023 The Seasoned Homemaker®. For personal use only. Pattern is intended for the original purchaser and is NOT to be fowarded, shared or duplicated.
See Download Help tab for any download issues.