Creative Grids 2.5″ x 12.5″ Quilting Ruler
This is my favorite ruler for subcutting strip pieced units.
See this ruler in action: https://www.instagram.com/p/Csquu5pMYg0/
- This 2-1/2 x 12-1/2 inch rectangle ruler is the perfect companion for anyone who loves to work with the 2-1/2 inch pre-cuts on the market. It features easy-to-read black and white markings printed in 1 inch grids marked in 1/8 and 1/4 inch increments.
- Use the easy-to-read, black numbers (printed on white dots) and the 1/4 inch grip sides to cut whole inches. The 1/4 inch dashed lines printed on two adjoining sides aid in trimming seam allowances.
- Use the patented Turn-A-Round feature – designated by the easy to read, numerical white numbers (printed on black dots) and the 1/2 inch grip sides – to add the 1/2 inch seam allowance. Use the white 45 degree angle to trim half-square triangles in whole inch increments. Use the black 45 degree angle to trim half-square triangles in half inch increments.
- An additional black 45 degree line is placed so that two angles cross 1/4 inch away from the outside edge. Use these markings to square up flying geese units; squares set on point or mark cross-hatching. The ruler also features a 30degree/60degree angle. White horizontal and vertical lines are printed on the rectangle so the center of the ruler is easily distinguishable. Use these lines to fussy cut stripes and borders.
- The ruler slides easily over the fabric until pressure is applied. Then, our exclusive gripper holds the fabric in place while cutting, eliminating slipping and miss-cuts!