There are no corrections at this time.
Website + Related Tutorials
- Starching is recommended for the Tumbling Sea Glass quilt pattern. Any of the recommendations in the guide will work for this pattern.
- See video link below for a quick overview of this technique.
- PDF Download: HSTs 8-at-a-Time Assembly Diagram + Cutting Chart
Enhanced Supply List
This page includes affiliate links.
- 3 1/2″ Bloc Loc Ruler (my preference)
- 6½” x 24½” Quilter’s Ruler
- Gypsy Gripper
- This keeps your 24 1/2″ ruler stable so it doesn’t accidentally slip when cutting WOF strips and your strips are a consistent width so blocks will go together nicely. It also protects your hands and fingers.
- Sewline Glue Pen
- Helps keep HSTs from shifting when sewing together. You’ll also get sharper points.
- Rotary Cutter
- Self Healing Rotary Cutting Mat
- Rotating Cutting Mat (simplifies cutting HSTs)
- Batting (approximately 70″ x 70″)
- 50 wt. Cotton Thread
- Wonder Clips
- Quilting Pins
- Water Erasable Fabric Marking Tool
- Sewing Machine
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Tailor’s Clapper (Optional, but creates flat seams)
- Wool Pressing Mat (Optional, really awesome)
HSTs 8-at-a-Time (Note: This is a demo video for HSTs 8-at-a-Time and shows how to make them using 10″ precut squares that are trimmed to 4 1/2″ – not 3 1/2″ like the pattern)
Block Assembly Tips – This video has tips to keep your HSTs organized when making the blocks. (Note: At 2:00 min. I mention “Here are 3 complete sets of half square triangles” – this should say that there is one complete block set with each row pinned together. I demonstrate how to sew the rows one at a time.)