Janome Magnolia 7318
- Easy-to-use mechanical dials
- 18 Decorative and Utility Stitches
- One 4-Step Buttonhole
- Maximum Stitch Length – 4mm
- Maximum Stitch Width – 5mm
- Built-in Free Arm
- Snap-on Presser Feet
- Top-loading full rotary bobbin hook for great stitches every time.
- Includes a small selection of feet. You will need to purchase any of the additional feet you might prefer.
- No automatic thread cutter, but there is a thread cutter on the side.
- 4mm Stitch Length can limit the ability to baste and gather.
- 5-piece Feed Dogs (7-piece is better)
- No hard case included. (Walmart carries an inexpensive hard case)
My Overall Impression
This machine appears to be a sturdy and reliable mechanical machine that is user-friendly. I believe it is ideal for simple projects because of it’s easy-to-operate mechanical dials.
While I haven’t sewn on this particular machine, I have sewn on one that is nearly identical and it sewed beautifully. I am confident that this is a good choice for the occasional sewist or someone just starting out.
If I was wanting to purchase an inexpensive mechanical machine, this would be my first choice.