Brother SE1800 Sewing & Embroidery Machine
- 136 Built-in embroidery designs, 6 embroidery fonts, 184 built-in sewing stitches, 10 one-step buttonholes.
- 5 x7 Embroidery area
- LCD Touchscreen Display
- Computer Connectivity which allows you to download machine updates and import designs.
- 850 Stitches per minute
- Automatic Needle Threader
- Well-lit work area with 2 LED lights
- 11 Quick-change sewing feet
- Add designs using a USB port
- Push-button Thread Cutter
- Low-bobbin Sensor
- Variable Speed Control and Start/Stop Button
- Knee-lifter for turning corners
- Hard-Cover Case
- The $1,200 price tag makes it unobtainable for many sewists.
- The 5 x7 hoop is really nice for most embroidery but at this price, it would be nice to have a second larger hoop included.
- The small black & white display screen can be difficult to read.
My Overall Impression
On a personal note, I’ve owned the Babylock Allure (made by Brother) which is nearly identical. My machine was extremely reliable and easy for a first-time machine embroider to understand. It sews and embroiders extremely well.
While the price might be a little prohibitive for most sewists, this is a good machine for someone looking to upgrade and begin machine embroidery.