If you look at reviews for the best beginner sewing machines this one pops up every time.
For under $200 you can purchase a reliable machine that offers the new sewist every possible feature she could need to get started sewing.
Read my review in the Description below.
Brother CS6000i Sewing Machine
- Computerized sewing machine with 60 built-in stitches
- LCD Display stitch selector
- Automatic Needle Threader
- Jam-Resistant Drop In Bobbin
- Variable Speed Control and Start/Stop Button
- 7 Buttonhole Settings
- Standard Feet Collection PLUS a Walking Foot and a Spring Action Quilting Foot
- Built-in Free Arm
- Includes Quilting Table
- Includes Hard Cover
- Best priced machine for beginners
- Lightweight (this could be a Strength, too). This means that it might have difficulty handling heavy fabrics or large quilting projects.
- Narrow Harp or Throat Space. This can make larger projects difficult to maneuver.
- Poor lighting in the sewing area.
- Foot pedal can be too sensitive causing quick starts and stops.
My Overall Impression
I believe that this machine is a real winner for someone starting out sewing. For under $200 it is easy to use and comes with a well-written manual. Features like the automatic needle threader and the convenience of computerized sewing make it an excellent choice. I also applaud Brother for including a Walking Foot and a Quilting Foot for new quilters.
Because I have owned three Babylock machines (made by the Brother company), I have great confidence in their products to deliver on their promise and also be fairly trouble-free.
If I was looking for an entry-level machine, this is the one I would purchase.