Brother SE400 Combination Sewing & Embroidery Machine
- 70 built-in embroidery designs, 67 built-in sewing stitches, and 5 embroidery fonts.
- 4 X 4 Embroidery area
- LCD Touch Screen Display
- Computer Connectivity which allows you to download machine updates and import designs.
- 400 Stitches per minute
- Automatic Needle Threader
- Well-lit work area with 1 LED light
- 8 Quick-Change Sewing Feet
- Add designs using either a USB port or a Card Slot
- The smaller 4 x 4 hoop limits your design choices
- The machine has a small computer memory and can store a few designs. However, because of its size, it won’t hold larger designs and this can limit your choices.
My Overall Impression
This machine is great for someone on a limited budget who only wants to create monograms or small designs. The sewing features are broad enough to allow for a variety of sewing projects.
On a personal note, I’ve owned a machine very similar to this one in the Babylock brand (which is made by Brother). My machine was extremely reliable and easy for a first-timer to understand. Keep in mind, because of the lower price point this machine has a few limitations which I’ve listed above.