Inside: Grain-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
One of the biggest problems with having Celiac Disease is finding delicious snacks that are also good for you.
If you’ve ever eaten a day-old gluten-free muffin you know how dry and disgusting it can be. In order to combat this I’ve updated a favorite recipe and turned it into Grain-Free Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.
These are moist, delicious, nutritious, and have a very low glycemic index which means no sugar spike. They are also low in carbs and work well for those who are trying to avoid carbohydrates. In other words They are good for you!
Consume with a cold glass of cold milk for best results.
- 2 C. Almond Flour
- 1 t. Baking Soda
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/2 C. Coconut Sugar (can be substituted w/honey or maple syrup)
- 1/2 t. Cinnamon
- 1/4 t. Ground Ginger
- 1/8 t. Nutmeg
- 1/2 t. Vanilla
- 1 C. Pumpkin Puree (NOT Pumpkin Pie Filling)
- 3 Lg. Eggs
- 1/4 C. Coconut Oil
- 1/2 C. Mini Chocolate Chips
- Gluten-Free Oats (optional, but not grain-free)
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Grease muffin tins with coconut oil or use muffin-tin liners.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Make sure to break up any lumps in the almond flour.
- In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients. You may need to melt the coconut oil, depending on the temperature in your home.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and blend until batter is like a thick paste.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin tin about 3/4 way with batter.
- Pop into a hot oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Gluten-Free Option: When just out of the oven, sprinkle with some gluten-free oats.
Where to find these ingredients
I know some of my ingredients are a little unusual. Below I’ve made a list showing some of my favorites. I can usually find mine locally at stores like Whole Foods; however, your local health food grocery store should carry most of these items.
- Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour
- Baking Soda
- Organic Coconut Sugar
- Frontier Organic Cinnamon
- Frontier Organic Ground Ginger
- Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Organic Vanilla
- Organic Pumpkin Puree
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Gluten-Free Oats
- Wilton Unbleached Cupcake Liners