- 2 C. Almond Flour
- 1 t. Baking Soda
- ½ t. Salt
- ½ C. Coconut Sugar (can be substituted w/honey or maple syrup)
- ½ t. Cinnamon
- ¼ t. Ground Ginger
- ⅛ t. Nutmeg
- ½ t. Vanilla
- 1 C. Pumpkin Puree (NOT Pumpkin Pie Filling)
- 3 Lg. Eggs
- ¼ C. Coconut Oil
- ½ C. Mini Chocolate Chips
- Gluten-Free Oats (optional, but not grain-free)
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Grease muffin tins with coconut oil or use muffin-tin liners.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Make sure to break up any lumps in the almond flour.
- In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients. You may need to melt the coconut oil, depending on the temperature in your home.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and blend until batter is like a thick paste.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin tin about ¾ way with batter.
- Pop into a hot oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Gluten-Free Option: When just out of the oven, sprinkle with some gluten-free oats.
These are moist, delicious, nutritious, and have a very low glycemic index which means no sugar spike. They are also low in carbs and work well for those who are trying to avoid carbohydrates. In other words They are good for you!
Consume with a cold glass of cold milk for best results.
Where to find these ingredients:
I know some of my ingredients are a little unusual. Below I’ve made a list showing some of my favorites. I can usually find mine locally at stores like Whole Foods; however, your local health food grocery store should carry most of these items.
- Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour* (This has a super fine grind and can also be found at Costco)
- Baking Soda* (made in gluten-free facility)
- Organic Coconut Sugar*
- Frontier Organic Cinnamon*
- Frontier Organic Ground Ginger*
- Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg*
- Sherpa Pink Gourmet Himalayan Salt* (we use this for everything and love it!)
- Organic Vanilla*
- Organic Pumpkin Puree*
- Organic Coconut Oil*
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips*
- Gluten-Free Oats*
- Wilton Unbleached Cupcake Liners*
Thanks for Stopping By...
When you subscribe I'll send you 10 Proven Tips for Finding More Time to Sew. You'll be joining over 15,000 sewists who are Celebrating Creativity while receiving clever sewing tips, quilting inspiration, and a dash of this and that.
P.S. Look for the FREE PDF pattern I've included once you click Confirm.