There are no corrections at this time.
Website + Related Tutorials
- This tutorial is recommended if you’ve never used the strip piecing method
- Starching is recommended for the Cozy Cottage quilt pattern. Your strips will go together with very little stretching or warping. Any of the starching recommendations in this guide will work for this pattern.
This page includes affiliate links.
- 2 ½” x 12 ½” Creative Grids Ruler
- I love using this ruler for subcutting 2½” strips.
- See short Reel demonstrating this: https://www.instagram.com/p/Csquu5pMYg0/
- 6½” x 24½” Quilter’s Ruler
- Gypsy Gripper
- This keeps your 24 1/2″ ruler stable so it doesn’t accidentally slip when cutting WOF strips and your strips are a consistent width so blocks will go together nicely. It also protects your hands and fingers.
- Sewline Glue Pen
- Use this before sewing strip sets. It will keep them from shifting and stretching.
- Rotary Cutter
- 6½” x 6½” Square Ruler
- For squaring up blocks
- Rotary Cutter
- Self Healing Rotary Cutting Mat
- Batting (approximately 70″ x 70″)
- 50 wt. Cotton Thread
- Wonder Clips
- Quilting Pins
- Water Erasable Fabric Marking Tool
- Sewing Machine
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Tailor’s Clapper (Optional, but creates flat seams for pieced blocks)
- Wool Pressing Mat (Optional, really awesome)
- Creative Grids Stripology XL Ruler – CGRGE1XL (Optional, I love this for strip cutting)
Get this fabric
*Note: This version is made using Moda Bliss fabrics. The rose color is called Moda Bliss Rose Sweetness and the backing fabric shown is called Moda Bliss Cloud Flourish and may be found from other fabric sellers.
Click here or on image to see video: https://youtu.be/U_wq5UrxEc8